Thursday 13 September 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Onion Field, directed by Harold Becker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1979 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Geike Arnaert: Belgian singer (Hooverphonic).
- Tony Henry: English footballer.
- Ivan Miljković: Serbian volleyball player.
- China PR performs nuclear test
- South Africa grants independence to the ''homeland'' of Venda (not recognised outside South Africa).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Chic - Good Times
- Sail On - Commodores
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?