Sunday 13 September 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Koldo Fernandez and August.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
The French Lieutenant's Woman, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seeing Things.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Eggs or Video Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1981!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1981 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Koldo Fernandez: Spanish cyclist.
- August: American pornographic actress.
- Lauren Williams: Canadian wrestler.
- Angelina Love: Wrestler.
- Koldo Fernández: Spanish cyclist.
- William Loeb: publisher of Manchester Union Leader, New Hampshire, dies at age 75.
- 33rd Emmy Awards: Taxi, Hill St. Blue, Judd Hirsh and Isabel Sanford wins
- Jan Stephenson wins LPGA United Virginia Bank Golf Classic
- Atlanta Falcons tie record of 31 points in fourth quarter (vs Green Bay Packers).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?