Tuesday 13 September 1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Blue, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1988 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kennedy Brock: Guitarist.
- Sam Thorne: YouTube Star.
- John Park: American singer.
- Luis Rentería: Panamanian footballer (d. 2014).
- Keith Treacy: Irish footballer.
- 9 hard / software manufacturers announce EISA computer bus in New York
- Gilbert is strongest (26.13 barometer) hurricane in Western Hemisphere
- 10th time, four players hit baseball major-league record grand slams.
- Hurricane Gilbert is the strongest recorded hurricane in the Western Hemisphere, later replaced by Hurricane Wilma in 2005 (based on barometric pressure).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Rick Astley - It Would Take A Strong Strong Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 September 1988 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?