Wednesday 13 September 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2006 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 September
- The solar system's largest dwarf planet, designated until now as , is officially named ampquotErisampquot its satellite is now known as ampquotDysnomiaampquot. (SpaceRef)
- Andrei Kozlov, deputy chairman of Russia's Central Bank, dies hours after being shot. (International Herald Tribune)
- Dawson College in Montreal is the scene of a shooting, with preliminary reports indicating at least two killed (one being the gunman) and 20 injured. ( CBC)
- Imam Zulqarnain Sakandar Madni, the spiritual leader of Norwegian Muslims, accuses the United States Government of masterminding the September 11 attacks and expresses doubt that Osama bin Laden exists, citing the online documentary ''Loose Change''. The U.S. embassy in Oslo issues a statement condemning Madni for ampquotspreading false stories to protect terrorists.ampquot Mohammad Hamdan, leader of the Islamic Council in Norway, says Madni's views must be put into context and that it is not
- Belgian False Flag Terror arrests: Belgian justice denies Flemish TV vtm’s claims that the neo-Nazi group Bloed, Bodem, Eer en Trouw (BBET), close to the Flemish branch of Blood Honour, was projecting false flag terrorist operations (although it does accuse the group, which included soldiers, of preparing bombings to ampquotdestabilizeampquot the country, and prolonged detention of the suspects on September 12). VTM Flemish TV declared that BBET was preparing itself to kill Filip Dewinter, one
- The main events leading up to the 61st Annual Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group as part of Singapore 2006 commence in Singapore. (CNA)
- NATO members fail to respond to a call from military commanders for reinforcements to try to quell the Taliban insurgency in southern Afghanistan, an alliance spokesman said. (CNN)
- Sectarian violence in Iraq: The bodies of 65 tortured and executed Iraqi men have been found all over the city of Baghdad. (ABC)
- A Japanese economist and ex-professor at the graduate school of Waseda University Kazuhide Uekusa is arrested for molesting a high school girl on a train in Tokyo. (Japundit)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?