Thursday 13 September 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
The Kingdom, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2007 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 September
- Clare Oliver: Australian cancer activist (Born 1981).
- The Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples is adopted by the United Nations General Assembly.
- Miami police shot dead in an exchange of fire a man suspected of the murder of one police officer and the shooting of another three officers hours earlier. (CNN)
- Google sponsors a US$30 million spaceflight contest to land a robotic lander on the moon and beam back a gigabyte of images and videos to earth. (AP via Topix)
- 2007 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Storm Ingrid forms in the Atlantic Ocean 800 miles from the outer Caribbean islands. (Bradenton Herald)
- Ethiopia will deploy 5,000 troops as part of a joint United Nations - African Union mission in the Darfur region of Sudan. (Sudan Tribune)
- At least fifteen Pakistani Army soldiers die in a bombing at their mess at the Terbella Ghazi base north of Islamabad. (CNN)
- Pakistan Cabinet unanimously decides to re-elect President Pervez Musharraf in uniform from the present assemblies.
- 2007 Formula One Season: The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) fines the McLaren Formula One team $US100 million and removes all its points in the Constructors' Championship. (AFP via News Limited)
- Rita Verdonk, a controversial and popular Dutch politician, is expelled from the VVD. (Expatica Netherlands)
- Iraq War:
- A key US ally, Sheikh Sittar, is killed by a bomb. (BBC)
- U.S. President George W. Bush orders gradual troop reductions in Iraq but stands firm against dramatic troop reductions. (Reuters via News Limited)
- 2007 Atlantic hurricane season:
- Hurricane Humberto makes landfall on the southeast Texas coast near the Louisiana border. (AFP)
- The Governor of Louisiana Kathleen Blanco declares a state of emergency. (BBC)
- At least one person is killed in Texas before Humberto weakens into a tropical storm. (CBS via Topix)
- Shinzo Abe is hospitalised the day after his resignation. (Al Jazeera)
- September 2007 Sumatra earthquakes
- A second major earthquake off the coast of Sumatra prompts tsunami warnings for Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Christmas Island and the Cocos Islands. (Reuters)
- An earthquake of 6.2 magnitude hits the northern tip of Sulawesi some 2,700 kilometres east of Sumatra. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?