Sunday 13 September 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Jennifer's Body, directed by Karyn Kusama, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hot Mess.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bloody Fun Day or Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2009 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 September
- Russia announces that it will assist Venezuela in the building of a nuclear energy program.
- At least 19 people die and 80 are missing after a ferry sinks in the Congo River in the Democratic Republic of Congo. (AFP via Google News)
- Kim Clijsters of Belgium defeats Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark to win the 2009 US Open Women's Singles. (''New York Times'')
- Police arrest more than 550 people in connection with two days of riots in Uganda's capital Kampala, as the death toll rises to 14. (IOL)
- Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva heavily criticises the ampquotrich countriesampquot, the G8 and other international bodies over the global economic crisis. (BBC)
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel appears with her main rival, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, in a TV debate, two weeks ahead of an election. (''Miami Herald'')
- Saudi Arabia's veteran foreign minister Prince Saud al-Faisal undergoes successful spine surgery in the United States. (Reuters)
- 38 people are killed in a fire at a drug abuse clinic in Taldykorgan, Kazakhstan. (IOL)
- Hundreds of people protest in Hong Kong over alleged beatings of its journalists in mainland China covering unrest in Xinjiang. (''Straits Times'')
- At least 6 people die in a fall down an elevator shaft of a skyscraper under construction in Hong Kong. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- 4 people die and 3 are injured when a mud house collapses in floods at Lazaret, a poor district of the Nigerien capital Niamey. (IOL)
- Two of the so-called Bermuda Triangle's most mysterious disappearances in the late 1940s may have been solved. (BBC)
- Teeth and bones from a range of animals, including hyenas, deer and rhinos, are discovered by archaeologists inside a cave in Devon, England. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?