Sunday 14 April 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Romani, the Brigand, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1912 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Georg Siimenson: Estonian footballer (d. 1978).
- Robert Doisneau: French photographer whose photos of ordinary people were enormously popular.
- Belinda Quirey: Dance historian / teacher.
- Piet van Egmond: Dutch Organist / conductor (Netherlands Chamber Orchestra).
- Henri Brisson: French statesman (Born 1835).
- Pan American Union forms.
- strikes an iceberg in the northern Atlantic Ocean. She sinks the following day with the loss of 1517 lives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Moonlight Bay - Dolly Connolly
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Prince's Orchestra
- To the Land of My Own Romance (I Have a Dream, By Night, By Day) - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Harbor of Love - Walter Van Brunt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?