Saturday 14 April 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmond Pilat and John Lekson.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1917 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Edmond Pilat: French Resistance member during World War II.
- John Lekson: Fairpoint Military man.
- Valerie Hobson: North Ireland -- Actress (Great Expectations).
- Marvin Miller: American actor (Michael Anthony of The Millionaire), dies at age 71 (born 1913).
- Chicago White Sox Ed Cicotte no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 11-0.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I - Ada Jones
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag (And Smile, Smile, Smile) - Knickerbocker Quartet
- Pray for Sunshine - Al Jolson
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?