Saturday 14 April 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1917 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Edmond Pilat: French Resistance member during World War II.
- Valerie Hobson: North Ireland -- Actress (Great Expectations).
- Marvin Miller: American actor (Michael Anthony of The Millionaire), dies at age 71 (born 1913).
- John Lekson: Fairpoint Military man.
- Chicago White Sox Ed Cicotte no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 11-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I - Ada Jones
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag (And Smile, Smile, Smile) - Knickerbocker Quartet
- Pray for Sunshine - Al Jolson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?