Tuesday 14 April 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1925 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Charles Melchior: Thionville Military man.
- Gene Ammons: American jazz saxophonist (Born 1925).
- William Lucas: English actor.
- Abel Muzorewa: Zimbabwean minister and politician 1st Prime Minister of Zimbabwe Rhodesia (d. 2010).
- Rod Steiger: American actor and soldier (d. 2002).
- Rod Steiger in West Hampton: New York, USA; actor (Illustrated Man, Pawnbroker, Chosen).
- 1st regular-season Cubs game to be broadcast on radio (WGN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Cliff Edwards - Fascinating Rhythm
- How Do You Do? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 April 1925 and get them!