Saturday 14 April 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Laugh, Clown, Laugh, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1928 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Egil Monn-Iversen: Norwegian composer, conductor, and producer of music and film.
- Ezra Fleischer: Romanian dissident, later Israeli writer (d. 2006).
- Robert Mugabe: President (Zimbabwe, 1988-).
- Stanley Cup: New York Rangers beat Montreal Maroons, 3 games to 2
- Maddus Airlines starts first regular passenger flights between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- Two earthquakes in Chirpan and Plovdiv, in Bulgaria, destroy more than 21,000 buildings and kill almost 130 persons.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?