Monday 14 April 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
All Quiet on the Western Front, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1930 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Bradford Dillman in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Piranha, Sudden Impact, Enforcer).
- Jay Robinson in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Born Again, Malibu Bikini Shop).
- Bradford Dillman: American actor on Broadway from 1953; winning a Tony in 1956 for "Long Day's Journey Into Night.
- George W Gekas American politician (Representative-Republican-Pennsylvania: 1983-).
- Martin Bormann: German priest and theologian (d. 2013).
- Arnold Burns: American lawyer and politician 21st United States Deputy Attorney General (d. 2013)
- Jay Robinson: American actor (d. 2013)
- Bredford Dillman: San Francisco Actor
- Rene Desmaison: French mountaineer (d. 2007)
- René Desmaison: French mountaineer, climber and alpinist, who climbed more than 1,000 mountains, and made the first ascent of 114 previously unclimbed mountains throughout the Andes, Alps and Himalayas. He is also credited with creating several new winter routes in the Alps.
- Marco Formentini: Italian politician, mayor of Milan and Member of Parliament. After receiving a law degree from the University of Pisa, he earned his MA degree in economics from the College of Europe. From 1956-1959 he served in the European Coal and Steel Community, transferring to Luxemburg 1960-1969. In 1970 he worked in the regional government and 1975 found him working for the Assoc. of Iron and Steel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 April 1930 and get them!