Thursday 14 April 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1932!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1932 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Rose Torrente-Mett: French fashion designer, who established the label Torrente in 1969.
- Atef Ebeid: Egyptian academic and politician 47th Prime Minister of Egypt (d. 2014).
- Bob Grant: English actor and screenwriter (d. 2003).
- Cameron Parker: Scottish businessman and politician Lord Lieutenant of Renfrewshire.
- Loretta Lynn: American Country-Western singer whose autobiography, "Coal Miner's Daughter" was made into a movie.
- Florencio Carvalho: Brazilian shaman and mystic, Mastre of the Union de Vegetal. He conducts group rituals with ohuasca (Ayahuasca) vine, a hallucinogen. The devotees (which include artists and pop idols) drink a "tea" and get really high, with visions and mystical experiences.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?