Friday 14 April 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1944 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:14 April
- 1st Jews transported from Athens arrive at Auschwitz
- Freighter Fort Stikene explodes in Bombay India, killing 1,376
- Gen Eisenhower becomes head commander of allied air fleet
- US General Dwight Eisenhower becomes head commander of Allied air fleet.
- Greek Colonel Venizelos forms government.
- In the harbor in Bombay, India, American cargo ship SS Fort Stikine explodes. It was carrying 1395 tons of explosives, and gold for the Indian Treasury. Ten nearby ships are destroyed, 500 people are killed, and 8000 injured.
- Bombay Explosion: A massive explosion in Bombay harbor kills 300 and causes economic damage valued then at 20 million pounds.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love You - Enric Madriguera & His Orchestra
- Mairzy Doats - Pied Pipers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?