Saturday 14 April 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Deletrez and Barbara Bonney.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Swan, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telephone Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1956 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Philippe Deletrez: French rapist; responsible for several rapes along with his friend.
- Barbara Bonney: American soprano and educator.
- Boris Šprem: Croatian lawyer and politician 8th President of Croatian Parliament (d. 2012).
- Larry Winters: American wrestler and trainer (d. 2015).
- Plain & Fancy closes at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC after 476 performances
- Ampex Corp demonstrates first commercial videotape recorder at the 1956 NARTB convention in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- In Chicago, Illinois, videotape is first demonstrated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?