Saturday 14 April 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Carpenter in Canton and Gunhild Krämer-Kornja.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Whistle Down the Wind, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1962 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- James Carpenter in Canton: Connecticut, USA; fencer-epee (Olympics-1996).
- Gunhild Krämer-Kornja: German autobiographer who was born deformed due to her mother taking thalidomide.
- John Bell: Guitarist.
- Scott Boman: American politician.
- Guillaume LeBlanc: Canadian race walker.
- Demonstration for sovereign status of New-Guinea in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?