Tuesday 14 April 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shizuka Kudo and Brian Stablein.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Let It Be by The Beatles.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Colossus: The Forbin Project, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1970 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Shizuka Kudo: Japanese singer.
- Brian Stablein: NFL wide receiver (Indianapolis Colts).
- Jan Siemerink: in Netherlands; tennis star.
- Steve Avery in Trenton: Michigan, USA; pitcher (Atlanta Braves).
- Emre Altug: Turkish singer.
- Steve Avery: American baseball player, a switch-pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds.
- Richard Sainct: French rally raid motorcycle rider, best known for his three victories on The Paris-Dakar rally in 1999, 2000 and 2003.
- Emre Altuğ: Turkish singer-songwriter and actor
- Shizuka Kudō: Japanese singer and actress (Onyanko Club)
- Boy Friend opens at Ambassador Theater NYC for 119 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?