Monday 14 April 2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Make Luv by Room 5 featuring Oliver Cheatham was in the top 5 hits.
Holes, directed by Andrew Davis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution by Robert C. Atkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Casino, Inc. or Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 2003!
Which were the important events of 14 April 2003 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 April
- U.S. troops in Baghdad capture Abu Abbas, leader of the Palestinian group that killed an American on the hijacked cruise liner the MS Achille Lauro in 1985.
- The Human Genome Project is completed, with 99% of the human genome sequenced to 99.99% accuracy.
- Boutros Boutros-Ghali, former United Nations Secretary General, reports that the United Nations is increasingly ampquotbeing marginalisedampquot and that preparation is needed for a new organisation to succeed the UN.
- U.S. President George W. Bush says that U.S.-led coalition victory in the 2003 Iraq war is ampquotcertain, but not complete.ampquot
- In Quebec, Canada, the governing sovereigntist ''Parti Québécois'' is defeated in the 2003 general election. The Liberals are returned to power after nine years, and Jean Charest becomes the new premier.
- The Congregation for the Causes of Saints in the Vatican, in the presence of Pope John PaulnbspII, promulgates a decree declaring that Emperor-King Karl of Austria-Hungary (r: 1916–1918) possessed ampquotheroic virtuesampquot. This decree marks a significant step towards canonisation in the Roman Catholic Church for the last Austrian emperor and king of Hungary.
- The bodies of a headless woman and a newborn fetus with the umbilical cord still attached washed up separately on the shore of San Francisco Bay near Richmond, California. DNA testing determined the body is that of Laci Peterson, who had been missing from her home in Modesto since December 24, 2002.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?