Saturday 14 April 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Matter by Akon.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Cashback, directed by Sean Ellis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Supersizers Eat....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arctic Tale or Bartender DS.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 April 2007 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 April
- June Callwood: Canadian journalist, author and social activist (Born 1924).
- At least 200,000 demonstrators in Ankara, Turkey protest against the possible candidacy of incumbent Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- A speeding bus crashes into a tractor-trailer near Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, killing at least 23 people. (AP via the Guardian)
- Flash flooding kills at least 35 people in the Trang Province of Thailand. (AFP via Sunday Herald Sun)
- A suicide bomber kills 8 people in the Khost Province of Afghanistan. (AP via CNN)
- A bus carrying primary school students crashes with a truck on the Aksaray-Konya highway in central Turkey, resulting in the death of 32 people. (Reuters via News Limited)
- Iraqi insurgency: A car bomb explodes in a bus station in the city of Karbala, killing or injuring at least 56 people and injuring at least 70. At least 10 people die after a suicide bomber explodes a bomb at the Jadiriyah bridge in Baghdad. (AFP via News Limited)
- Bill Richardson, a U.S. special envoy, predicts that North Korea will not meet a deadline of today set by the Six-Party Talks to shut down its nuclear reactor but will meet their obligations a few days after. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Nigerian general election: Nigerian voters go to the polls for state governor and legislative elections. Security is tight in the northern city of Kano following the murder of militant Islamic cleric Ustaz Ja'afar Adam. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Diddy - Last Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?