Monday 14 April 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Touch My Body by Mariah Carey.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 14 April 2008 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 April
- Delta Air Lines announces it will acquire Northwest Airlines for US$3 billion in stock, creating the world's biggest airline.
- The Nevado del Huila volcano erupts in Colombia, causing thousands to evacuate. (CNN)
- The United States begins occupying its new US$736 million embassy in Iraq, one of the largest embassies in the world. Presently under construction, it is approximately as large as the Vatican City and will permanently employ thousands of Americans, including a Marine detachment. (AP via ''Minneapolis Star-Tribune'')
- Silvio Berlusconi is re-elected for the third time as the Prime Minister of Italy. (AP via ''The International Herald Tribune'')
- Nabucco Pipeline: Turkmenistan agrees to supply 10 billion cubic metres of natural gas to the European Union per annum, to reduce the bloc's dependence on gas from Russia. (''Financial Times'')
- Taliban insurgents attack a checkpoint in southern Afghanistan killing 11 police officers. (AP via Google News)
- The World Bank announces a package of emergency measures to tackle the dramatic rise in basic food prices which has led to civil unrest throughout much of the developing world. (BBC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 April 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?