Wednesday 14 August 1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1901 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- James Pitman: Bath, England -- Educator / publisher / phonetic speller.
- Alice Rivaz: Swiss pianist and author (d. 1998).
- SS Islander hits iceberg near Alaska and sinks killing 70
- The first claimed powered flight, by Gustave Whitehead in his Number 21.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?