Wednesday 14 August 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eva Strittmatter and John Astor.
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1912 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Eva Strittmatter: Writer.
- John Astor: American great-great grandson of John J. Astor, the fur merchant; fifth in line for the fabulous family fortune and a playboy in his own day.
- Frank Oppenheimer: American physicist and academic (d. 1985).
- 2,500 US marines invade Nicaragua; US remains until 1925.
- United States Marines invade Nicaragua to support the U.S.-backed government installed there after Jose Santos Zelaya had resigned three years earlier.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 August 1912
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Stein Song - Reed Miller
- Under the Love Tree - Heidelberg Quintet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?