Saturday 14 August 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1920 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Paul Bindrim: American psychologist who broadened the convention of psychotherapy by conducting nude therapy groups in 1967.
- Jean Cholet: Nuits St Georges EXecutives.
- Nehemiah Persoff: Jerusalem -- Actor (Al Capone, Yentl).
- Francisco Boix: Spanish photographer who presented photographs that played a role in the conviction of Nazi war criminals.
- Little Entente formed by Czechoslovakia andYugoslavia
- Olympic Games open in Antwerp
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Billy Murray & Rachel Grant (Gladys Rice)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?