Wednesday 14 August 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hewlett Thompson and Louise M Slaughter.
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1929 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Hewlett Thompson: Bishop of Exeter.
- Louise M Slaughter: (Rep-D-New York).
- Oliver Neville: Principal (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts).
- Kinnaird McKee: American admiral (d. 2013).
- Gene Scott: American pastor and broadcaster (d. 2005).
- Dick Tiger: Nigerian-born boxer (Born 1929)
- Jewish Agency for Palestine forms
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 August 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?