Thursday 14 August 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1930 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Max Duval: French astrologer, author of the book "Les Moyens de pronostics en astrologie" (1986).
- Gerald B H Solomon: (Rep-R-New York, 1979- ).
- Lord Chorley: Mountaineering enthusiast.
- Earl Weaver in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; manager (Baltimore Orioles 1968-82, 1985-86).
- Earl Weaver: American baseball player and manager (d. 2013).
- Jean-Marie Curutchet: French political activist, a captain of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?