Wednesday 14 August 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dash Crofts in Cisco and Maria Buccella.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1940 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Dash Crofts in Cisco: Texas, USA; singer (Seals and Crofts - "Summer Breeze").
- Maria Buccella: Italian glamour model, Miss Italy contestant (1959) and film actress.
- Tom Eyen: American playwright, lyricist, television writer and theatre director.
- Alexei Panshin: American writer, a novelist and sci-fi favorite, winning both the Nebula and Hugo awards.
- Galen Hall: WLAF Head Coach (Orlando Thunder, Rhein Fire).
- Dutch Premier De Geer vacations in Switzerland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?