Wednesday 14 August 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Curly [Harm Breemer] and Antonio Fargas in the Bronx.
Notorious, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1946 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Alexander Curly [Harm Breemer]: Dutch artist.
- Antonio Fargas in the Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Huggy Bear - Starsky and Hutch).
- Larry Graham Jr: Rocker (Graham Central Station-One in a Million You).
- Marga van Praag: Dutch radio hostess.
- Susan Saint James in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (MacMillan and Wife, Kate and Allie, Name of the Game).
- Susan Saint James: American actress, the winner of seven TV Emmy's in seven years. Her TV series' includes "Name of the Game," 1968-71, "McMillan and Wife," 1971-76 and "Kate and Allie," 1984-87. During the last year of "McMillan," making $75,000 an episode, she went through a prima donna period. She had matured as an actress by the time she worked in "Kate & Allie," a top-ten rated show.
- Antonio Fargas: American actor
- Susan James: American actress
- Tom Walkinshaw: former racing driver and Formula One team owner (Born 1946)
- Susan St James [Susan Jane Miller]: LA California, actress (Kate & Allie).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- To Each His Own - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?