Wednesday 14 August 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Curly [Harm Breemer] and Antonio Fargas in the Bronx.
Notorious, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1946 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Alexander Curly [Harm Breemer]: Dutch artist.
- Antonio Fargas in the Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Huggy Bear - Starsky and Hutch).
- Larry Graham Jr: Rocker (Graham Central Station-One in a Million You).
- Marga van Praag: Dutch radio hostess.
- Susan Saint James in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (MacMillan and Wife, Kate and Allie, Name of the Game).
- Susan Saint James: American actress, the winner of seven TV Emmy's in seven years. Her TV series' includes "Name of the Game," 1968-71, "McMillan and Wife," 1971-76 and "Kate and Allie," 1984-87. During the last year of "McMillan," making $75,000 an episode, she went through a prima donna period. She had matured as an actress by the time she worked in "Kate & Allie," a top-ten rated show.
- Antonio Fargas: American actor
- Susan James: American actress
- Tom Walkinshaw: former racing driver and Formula One team owner (Born 1946)
- Susan St James [Susan Jane Miller]: LA California, actress (Kate & Allie).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 August 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- To Each His Own - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?