Monday 14 August 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1950 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Red Foley & Ernest Tubb - Goodnight, Irene
- Can Anyone Explain? (No, No, No!) - Ames Brothers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?