Tuesday 14 August 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Place in the Sun, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1951 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Peter Blegvad: American singer-songwriter guitarist and illustrator (Slapp Happy and The Lodge).
- Slim Dunlap: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Replacements).
- Norbert Hofmann: German footballer and manager.
- Jean-Christophe Cambadélis: French politician who has been First Secretary of the French Socialist Party since April 2014.
- William Randolph Hearst: newspaper publisher, dies in Beverly Hills, California, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya, Huh? - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 August 1951 and get them!