Sunday 14 August 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1955!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1955 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Philippe Békaert: French personality from the world of horse racing, a jockey, driver and trainer.
- Fiske Kimball: US Architect / art historian, dies at 66.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Johnny Desmond - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Perry Como - Tina Marie
- Wake The Town And Tell The People - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?