Thursday 14 August 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1958 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton: Wrestler (SMW / ECW / NJPW / WCW, Midnight Express).
- Philip Dunne: English farmer and politician Minister for Defence Equipment Support and Technology.
- Bobby Eaton: American professional wrestler.
- Konstantin von Neurath: German politician and diplomat 13th German Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 1956).
- Gladys L Presley: mother of Elvis Presley, dies at age 46.
- Frederic Joliot: French physicist, Nobel Prize Laureate (Born 1900).
- Big Bill Broonzy: Rocker, dies of cancer at 65.
- Mary Ritter Beard: American historian, dies at 82.
- Cleveland Indians' Vic Power steals home twice in one game.
- Canadian Football League plays first game (Winnipeg Blue Bombers 29, Edmonton Eskimos 21).
- KLM Superconstellation crashes west of Ireland, killing 99.
- A 4-engine Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation aircraft belonging to KLM crashes into the sea with 99 people on board.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Kalin Twins - When
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Johnny Otis Show - Willie And The Hand Jive
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 August 1958 and get them!