Thursday 14 August 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton and Philip Dunne.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1958 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton: Wrestler (SMW / ECW / NJPW / WCW, Midnight Express).
- Philip Dunne: English farmer and politician Minister for Defence Equipment Support and Technology.
- Bobby Eaton: American professional wrestler.
- Big Bill Broonzy: Rocker, dies of cancer at 65.
- Mary Ritter Beard: American historian, dies at 82.
- Gladys L Presley: mother of Elvis Presley, dies at age 46.
- Frederic Joliot: French physicist, Nobel Prize Laureate (Born 1900).
- Konstantin von Neurath: German politician and diplomat 13th German Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 1956).
- Cleveland Indians' Vic Power steals home twice in one game.
- Canadian Football League plays first game (Winnipeg Blue Bombers 29, Edmonton Eskimos 21).
- KLM Superconstellation crashes west of Ireland, killing 99.
- A 4-engine Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation aircraft belonging to KLM crashes into the sea with 99 people on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Kalin Twins - When
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Johnny Otis Show - Willie And The Hand Jive
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?