Wednesday 14 August 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
A Ticklish Affair, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1963 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Emmanuelle Béart: French film actress, who has appeared in over 60 film and television productions since 1972.
- David Baker: American actor.
- Clifford Odets: US playwright (Golden Boy), dies at 57.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 August 1963 and get them!