Monday 14 August 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erik Gandini .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to All You Need Is Love by The Beatles.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
The Exterminating Angel, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ¿Es usted el asesino?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1967 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Erik Gandini: Italian-Swedish director producer and screenwriter.
- Bob Anderson: English race car driver (d. 1967).
- Belgian embassy in Kinshasa, Congo, plundered
- Radio Scotland and Radio Swinging Holland go off the air
- Pirate radio stations Radio 270, Radio London, Radio Ireland, Radio Scotland and Radio Swinging Holland go off the air.
- UK Marine Broadcasting Offences Act declares participation in offshore pirate radio illegal.
- Wonderful Radio London shuts down at 3:00ampnbspPM in anticipation of the Marine Broadcasting Offences Act. Many fans greet the staff upon their return to London that evening with placards reading quotFreedom died with Radio London.quot
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?