Wednesday 14 August 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Leroy McLeay and Billy Mavreas.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1968 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Glenn Leroy McLeay: Invercargill, New Zealand -- Points race cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Billy Mavreas: Greek-Canadian cartoonist.
- Adrian Lester: British actor.
- Nick Best: Canadian astrologer who wrote for the "Astrology for the Soul website" (.
- Ben Bass: TV Actor.
- Catherine Bell: American actress
- Rick Cordeiro: Movie Actor
- Pravin Amre: Indian cricketer and coach
- Darren Clarke: Northern Irish golfer
- Jason Leonard: English rugby player
- Medy van der Laan: Dutch politician
- Jimmy Ellis beats Floyd Patterson in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
- Montreal Expos officially become a member of NL
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 August 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?