Saturday 14 August 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1971 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Adam Timmerman: American football player, a guard for the Green Bay Packers.
- Andrea Peron: Italian cyclist, an Olympic Silver Medal champion with the Italian team at Barcelona, 1992.
- Sean Hill: American football player, defensive back.
- Raoul Bova: Italian swimmer, film and TV actor.
- Mark Loretta: Santa Monica, California -- Infielder (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Pramodya Wickramasinghe: Sri Lankan cricketer
- Christopher R Nelloms: Dayton, Ohio -- Sprinter
- James Folston: NFL defensive end (Oakland Raiders)
- Stan White: NFL / WLAF quarterback (New York Giants, London Monarchs)
- Georg von Opel: German auto manufacturer, dies at 59.
- Cards Bob Gibson, 35, no-hits Pirates, 11-0
- British begin internment without trial in Northern Ireland.
- Bahrain proclaims independence after 110 years of British rule.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Chicago - Beginnings
- What The World Needs Now Is Love/Abraham Martin And John (Medley) - Tom Clay
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?