Saturday 14 August 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1982 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 August
- Patrick Magee: Irish actor (Clockwork Orange, King Lear), dies at 58.
- Atlanta snaps an 11-game losing streak with a 6-5 win over Padres
- Iran Ramadan-offensive in Iraq
- Pete Rose (Phillies) 12,365 at bat sets record (passes Aaron)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Toto - Rosanna
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Wasted On The Way - Crosby, Stills & Nash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?