Wednesday 14 August 1996
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Wannabe by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Tin Cup, directed by Ron Shelton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while How to Kill a Monster by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1996!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1996 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
Famous Birthdays:14 August
- A rocket ignited during a fireworks display in Arequipa, Peru knocks down a high-tension power cable into a dense crowd, electrocuting 35 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?