Monday 14 August 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 Mission: Wifix or Atlantis Sky Patrol.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 14 August 2006 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 August
- Bruno Kirby: American actor and director (d. 2006).
- Chencholai bombing in which 61 Tamil girls are killed in Sri Lankan Airforce bombing.
- An Israeli air strike hits a house in a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip. Israel claims that it is a command centre for the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. (Associated Press)
- Fox News journalists Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig are kidnapped in Gaza. (Reuters)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Thousands of displaced Lebanese and Israelis have begun returning home hours after a UN ceasefire to end fighting between Israel and Hezbollah came into force. (BBC NEWS)
- The ceasefire takes effect at 8am Lebanese time. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Let the Lower Lights be Burning - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- Fergie - London Bridge
- Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
- Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
- Cassie - Me & U
- The Pussycat Dolls - Buttons
- Beyonce - Deja Vu
- Sean Paul - (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me
- Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?