Tuesday 14 August 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
3:10 to Yuma, directed by James Mangold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 August 2007 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 August
- American toy-maker Mattel announces a recall of 436,000 toy cars painted lead-based paint and 18 million toys containing small magnets that could be swallowed by children. All were made in China.
- The 2007 Kahtaniya bombings kills at least 796 people.
- A bridge under construction completely collapses in Fenghuang County, Hunan Province, China, killing at least 47 people. 21 workers are injured, 13 are still missing. (Yahoo)
- A fire breaks out at the Shanghai World Financial Center in China. (BBC)
- The Italian coast guard finds the dead bodies of 14 illegal immigrants near the shores of the Lampedusa island. (BBC)
- A Russian far right group calling itself ampquotNational Socialism/White Powerampquot publishes a video on the Internet showing the execution of two men, one from Tajikstan and the other one from Dagestan. Russian authorities investigate the video. (BBC)
- A Polish soldier is killed by Taliban near Gardez, Afghanistan. It is the first Polish casualty in the War in Afghanistan. (BBC)
- A tropical storm warning is issued for parts of Texas and Mexico following the formation of a tropical depression in the Gulf of Mexico. (AP via the Guardian)
- A Bangladeshi court sentences 15 members of the Opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party to seven years in jail for extortion and three years for manipulating elections. (Jurist)
- Scott Kelly, the commander of the Space Shuttle Endeavour, on its current mission expresses confidence that it can return to earth safely without repairs to its heat shield. (AFP via News Limited)
- Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, current First Lady of Argentina and candidate to become President of Argentina, announces Julio Cobos, the Governor of Mendoza Province as her running mate. (AP via the International Herald Tribune)
- Benjamin Netanyahu wins the Likud primary election and continues as the party's parliamentary leader. (Xinhua)
- Hurricane Flossie weakens as it moves near the coast of the island of Hawaii. (Reuters)
- British authorities investigate two new suspected cases of foot and mouth disease, one in Kent and one in Surrey outside the exclusion zone. (The Globe and Mail)
- Two Belgians kidnapped in Iran have been released. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- A woman dies and two people are seriously ill from ''E. coli'' in the Paisley area of Scotland. The Morrisons supermarket chain withdraws cold sliced meats from two of its stores in Paisley. (Reuters via News Limited)
- War in Iraq:
- Five American servicemen die in a CH-47 Chinook helicopter crash near the Al Taqaddum air base in Iraq. (The Telegraph)
- A suicide bomber attacks the Thiraa Dijla bridge in Taji, Iraq, killing at least 10 people. Meanwhile, a U.S. raid kills four people in Baghdad. (BBC)
- Bingu wa Mutharika, the President of Malawi, threatens to ampquotclose downampquot the National Assembly of Malawi unless it starts discussing the budget. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?