Sunday 14 August 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Help, directed by Tate Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Girl Parts.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlefield Play4Free or Dead Space 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 14 August 2011 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 August
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Syrian Navy gunboats fire heavy machine guns targeting waterfront districts in Latakia, as ground troops and security agents backed by armor storm several neighborhoods. Up to 26 people are killed. (Ynet News)
- Iran confirms the arrest of the second-in-command of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), Murat Karayılan, by the country's intelligence agency. (PressTV)
- Anti-Muammar Gaddafi rebels make major progress in the 2011 Libyan civil war, advancing into Zawiya, only 50 km west of the capital city, Tripoli. (Reuters)
- Egyptian activist Asmaa Mahfouz is charged with inciting violence in what seems to be a clear violation of human rights. (''Washington Post'')
- Six people are killed in a stabbing incident on the Channel Island of Jersey (BBC)
- 2011 England riots
- A third person is charged with the murder of three men hit by a car in Birmingham. (BBC)
- Former Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty announces the end of his campaign for the Republican Party nomination in the 2012 United States presidential election following a poor result in the Ames Straw Poll. (''Washington Post'')
- Jhala Nath Khanal resigns as the Prime Minister of Nepal due to the failure of Nepalese political parties to adopt a constitution or end infighting. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- American golfer Keegan Bradley wins the United States 2011 PGA Championship at the Atlanta Athletic Club, defeating Jason Dufner in a playoff. (CBS Sports)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 August 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?