Sunday 14 December 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Parkening in Los Angeles and Linda Sutton.
The Bishop's Wife, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Americana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1947 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Christopher Parkening in Los Angeles: California, USA; guitarist (transcribed sacred music).
- Linda Sutton: English artist.
- Alan Millar: Alan Millar is the former Head of Philosophy at the University of Stirling, Scotland.
- Christopher Parkening: American virtuoso classical guitarist and international celebrity through his concerts, records and TV appearances.
- Dilma Rousseff: Brazilian economist and politician currently serving as the 36th President of Brazil.
- Tom Mardirosian: American actor
- Cleveland Browns beat the New York Yankees 14-3 in AAFC championship game
- The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is founded in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 December 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - A Gal in Calico
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?