Monday 14 December 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1953 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Joe Toplyn in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; comedic writer (Late Night with David Letterman).
- Vijay Amritraj: India -- Tennis player / actor (Octopussy).
- Wade Davis: Canadian anthropologist author and photographer.
- René Eespere: Estonian composer.
- Vangelis Meimarakis: Greek lawyer and politician 4th Greek Minister for National Defence.
- Mikael Odenberg: Swedish soldier and politician 29th Swedish Minister for Defence
- Juandino : American professional magician from age 21 in dinner theater and clubs. Bored with college at 19, he began card tricks and spent two years practicing the profession 6-8 hours a day. He moved to L.A. in April 1979 to start work at Merlin McFly's.
- Rene Eespere: Soviet-born Estonian composer
- Brooklyn Dodgers signs pitcher Sandy Koufax.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 December 1953 and get them!