Wednesday 14 December 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
The Man with the Golden Arm, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1955 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Hervé Guibert: French gay writer and photographer.
- Jane Crafter: Perth, Western Australia -- Golfer (1987 JC Penney Mixed Teams).
- Dutch Reformed Church condemns woman / wife as vicar
- Tappan Zee Bridge in New York opens to traffic
- Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Laos, Libya, Nepal, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Sri Lanka join the United Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 December 1955 and get them!