Wednesday 14 December 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Flaming Star, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1960 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Don Franklin: American actor.
- Chris Waddle: English footballer manager and sportscaster.
- Diane Williams: American sprinter.
- Catherine G Coleman in Charleston: South Carolina, USA; Phd/Captain US Air Force/astronaut (STS 73).
- Gregory Ratoff: Actor (Skyscraper Souls), dies of Leukemia at 63.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) forms.
- Washington Senators baseball team joins American League.
- Antoine Gizenga proclaims in Republic of the Congo, that he has taken over as the premier.
- King Mahendra of Nepal deposes the democratic government there and he takes direct control himself.
- King Baudouin of Belgium marries Doña Fabiola de Mora y Aragon.
- Secretary of State Christian Herter announces that the United States will commit five nuclear submarines and eighty Polaris missiles to the defense of the NATO countries by the end of 1963.
- New York air disaster: a United Airlines DC-8 collides in mid-air with a TWA Lockheed Constellation over Staten Island in New York City. All 128 passengers and crewmembers on the two airliners, and six people on the ground, are killed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 December 1960 and get them!