Tuesday 14 December 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Thunderball, directed by Terence Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1965 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Christine Burton: Adelaide, South Australia -- Golfer (1990 T25 Victorian Open).
- Craig Biggio in Smithtown: New York, USA; infielder (Houston Astros).
- Lawrence Clay-Bey in Hartford: Connecticut, USA; super heavyweight boxer (Olympics-1996).
- Ken Hill in Lynn: Massachusetts, USA; pitcher (Texas Rangers).
- Craig Biggio: American baseball player, a 2nd baseman with the Houston Astros.
- Amy Sweeney: American passenger on American Flt .11 who was able to get through on her cell phone, crying "Oh my God, I see buildings! I see water!" just before her line went dead. Her chilling remarks describing what was going on that plane moments before it hit the New York World Trade tower which gave us the first information that fatal morning of 9/11/2001.
- Sulaiman Abu Ghaith: Kuwaiti terrorist
- Aljoša Asanović: Croatian footballer and manager
- Ken Hill: Lynn, Massachusetts -- Pitcher (Texas Rangers)
- Ted Raimi: American actor director and screenwriter
- Hermann Sandby: Composer, dies at 84.
- La Grusse Valise opens at 54th St. Theater NYC for 7 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The McCoys - Fever
- Dean Martin - I Will
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?