Wednesday 14 December 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Mason NBA forward (New York Knicks and Bill Ranford in Brandon Manitoba.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1966 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Anthony Mason NBA forward (New York Knicks: Charlotte Hornets).
- Bill Ranford in Brandon Manitoba: Canada; NHL goalie (Team Canada, Boston).
- Tim Skold: Swedish/American musician.
- Mark Arena: Australian twin boys born to Italian writer Franca Arena, Mark Umberto at 7:00 PM and Adrian Francesco five minutes later.
- Carl Herrera: American basketball player; Forward, Spurs.
- Anthony Mason: American basketball player: forward, Hornets
- Fabrizio Giovanardi: Italian race car driver
- Helle Thorning-Schmidt: Danish academic and politician 41st Prime Minister of Denmark
- Bill Ranford: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Tim Sköld: Swedish bass player and producer (Shotgun Messiah Doctor Midnight & The Mercy Cult MDFMK KMFDM and ohGr)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 December 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?