Saturday 14 December 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Hell in the Pacific, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1968 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Kelley Armstrong: Canadian author.
- Noelle Beck: American actress.
- Richard Scott: South African artist, residing in Cape Town and well known for the phrase Naive meets Pop art to describe his unique take on Art.
- Christophe Pouy: French restaurant chef.
- Cees Marbus: soccer player (Go Ahead Eagles).
- Jamie Crysdale: Canadian Football League corner (Calgary Stampeders).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 December 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?