Sunday 14 December 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Topaz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1969 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Rogerick Green: NFL cornerback (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Dave Nilsson in Brisbane: Australia; catcher (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Craig Jones in Nambour: Australia; Canadian Tour golfer (New Zealand Open-1994).
- Natascha McElhone: English actress.
- Scott Hatteberg: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- La Strada opens / closes at Lunt Fontanne NYC for 1 performance
- Jackson Five made their 1st appearance on Ed Sullivan Show
- Bishen Bedi takes 7-98 (career-best) versus Australia at Calcutta.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Mel And Tim - Backfield In Motion
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?