Monday 14 December 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Maria Jopek and Bradford Banta.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Rio Lobo, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Levaci.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1970 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Anna Maria Jopek: Polish singer.
- Bradford Banta: NFL tight end (Indianapolis Colts).
- Grégory Anquetil: French team handball player, who competed at the 1996 Summer Olympics, where the French team placed 4th, and also at the 2000 and 2004 Summer Olympics.
- Nadine Garner: Australian actress.
- Anna Jopek: Polish singer-songwriter pianist and producer.
- Beth Orton: English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Franz Schlegelberger: German judge and politician Reich Ministry of Justice (d. 1970).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?