Tuesday 14 December 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Family Affair by Sly & The Family Stone.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
Harold and Maude, directed by Hal Ashby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1971!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1971 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Lisa-Marie Vizaniari: Australian discus / shot putter (1996 Olympics).
- Brian Gay: professional golfer; three-time winner on the PGA Tour.
- Tia Texada: American actress and singer.
- Michaela Watkins: American comic actress (Saturday Night Live).
- Natascha McElhone: English actress.
- Chris Therien in Ottawa: Canada; NHL defenseman (Philadelphia Flyers).
- Dick Tiger: Nigerian-born boxer (Born 1929).
- Golden Gate Bridge lights out all night due to power failure
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Bread - Baby I'm-A Want You
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Sonny & Cher - All I Ever Need Is You
- David Cassidy - Cherish
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 December 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?