Saturday 14 December 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Black Christmas, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1974 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Billy Koch: Garden City, New York -- Baseball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Walter Lippman: American journalist and political commentator (Born 1889).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 December 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?